POSIZIONE APERTA: NGS Research Associate
POLO d’Innovazione di Genetica Genomica e Biologia – Siena
Polo GGB is seeking a highly motivated person with a scientific background in Genomics, and Molecular biology. The position will be based at the Genomics & Bioinformatics Laboratory in Siena.
The candidate will have the responsibility to
- co-coordinate a team of molecular technicians
- contribute to and lead one or more research projects
- manage the NGS laboratory for both research services and diagnostic tests.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Laboratory Manager, Molecular technicians and Bioinformatic Unit. She/He will establish experimental priorities, provide expertise to services and research activities, follow schedules, timetables, and costs, and guide the technician groups to comply with the highest data quality standards.
The ideal candidate is a team player with a strong problem-solving attitude.
We expect the applicant to have experience in the fields of genomics and all the NGS applications. The successful candidate will and is then expected to write up the results, reports to customers and interacts with them as a support for project design and interpretation of results. Responsibilities for this position are also to co-coordinate a team of molecular technicians and collaborate with the Bioinformatic Unit, as well as participate to research projects proposals, development of new protocols and coordination of validation tests.
- Ph.D in a relevant field of biology and biotechnology
- Minimum five years* of experience as a postdoc.
- Excellent knowledge in genomics and NGS applications.
- Documented experience to lead and coordinate projects
- Specialization in Medical Genetics
Team leadership skills
Excellent collaborative, communicative and presentation skills
Open-minded and analytical personality
Strong drive to obtain established goals
Scientifically self-motivated and creative
Enjoys learning and solving problems
Ability to work both independently and in structured groups
S/he must also have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language, whereas knowledge of Italian language is not required, though advantageous.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position available for up to 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
To apply for the position or for more information, please send your CV, cover letter, references and contacts to: email@example.com
For your application, please include the following
- A cover letter that clearly articulates how your experience and skills make you an ideal candidate for this position
- A current CV
- Names and contact information for 3 references.